Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
This week in the cloud
Sunday - 2/13/2011, 5:38pm EST
We told you last week about the two draft cloud documents NIST published. This week, Federal News Radio spoke with NIST computer scientists Lee Badger and Tim Grance about those docs. Federal News Radio host Chris Dorobek also discussed how agencies can take advantage of the costs and efficiencies of moving to the cloud while maintaining security and privacy.
Sanjay Sardar is the deputy chief information officer at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. In an interview on Federal News Radio’s Ask the CIO program, Sardar says FERC is testing or considering cloud computing options for email, Web hosting and data storage. Sardar says one of his top priorities this year is to improve the IT mobility of the agency’s employees.
To hear either of these interviews click the links above.
Sneak Preview: Coming up this week on Off the Shelf, Steve Kempf, commissioner of the General Services Administration’s Federal Acquisition Service, discusses cloud computing. The show airs Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.