Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
All eyes on GSA’s cloud move
Monday - 12/6/2010, 4:32pm EST
GSA announced last week that it has hired Unisys to move its e-mail to the cloud. Federal News Radio’s Jason Miller reports agencies and vendors are closely watching the move as a “proof of concept for the rest of government.”
Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra admits if GSA shows moving its e-mail to the cloud can be done then other agencies are likely to follow suit.
GSA’s move comes on the heels of OMB’s announcement that agencies will be required to adopt a “cloud-first policy” when it comes to new IT deployments.
Be sure to check out Jason Miller’s full report on the Unisys deal, including more from Kundra, GSA CIO Casey Coleman, and Dave McClure, GSA’s associate administrator for citizen services and innovative technologies, by clicking the link above.