Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
What's hot and what's not
Tuesday - 4/15/2014, 8:08pm EDT
Many listeners know Aileen Black from her tenure at VMware. In fact, you may even recognize her voice - she has been the voice of virtualization on Federal News Radio and WTOP.
Gigi Schumm has spent the past seventeen years working for Symantec and saw its sales skyrocket.
In 2014 the dynamic duo have left their respective companies and have formed a company called Accelerated Growth Strategies.
It is certainly hard to believe that they have over fifty years of experience in federal technology services and products.
Now that they are on their own, they can take a detached look at solutions and recommend best of breed for the federal audience.
During the interview they mention a company called Actifio.
Black says that a recent IDC report estimated that $46 billion dollars will be spent on storing copy data 2014.
Even assuming one half of that figure, listeners should consider new solutions, like Actifio that use a new technique called "copy data management" to reduce cost and eliminate duplicate data.