Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Moving to the cloud
Tuesday - 8/14/2012, 2:43pm EDT
Brocade underwrote a study of federal could adoption entitled "The Color of Money." They surveyed hundreds of people who are involved in implementing the White House initiative of moving to the cloud. Surprisingly, the transition is not limited by security or technical concerns, but by issues that involve acquisition.
Today's interview is with Brocade's Vice President of Federal Anthony Robbins. The focus of the discussion is the impact of moving from a traditional capital expenditure (CapEx) method to one based on operational expenses (OpEx). In the jargon of information technology, "the move to the cloud will be a OpEx method."
Brocade has been in business since 1995 and has annual sales over $2 billion . The company has products that help data centers move information more efficiently in order to make the transition to the cloud scalable and under budget.