Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Improving IT security at your agency
Tuesday - 7/17/2012, 9:37pm EDT
This is the organization that awards the desirable security designation called the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Tipton has a wide range of experience in the area of security in the federal government, including walking into a leadership position at a large agency that was in trouble with security.
When he was named the CIO of the Department of the Interior, it was getting a failing grade from the Inspector General in the area of security.
On today's program, Tipton explains the process of digging his agency out of a deep pit.
It took four years, but he managed to revive the department's security position.
The IT Acquisition Council also benefits from Tipton's participation.
During the interview, he shows how he views security to be a part of the entire process of procurement.