Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Red Hat gets common criteria approval
Wednesday - 5/16/2012, 12:19am EDT
Hellekson is the chief technology strategist who helps to promote open source through an organization called the Open Source for America. This is a website that provides case studies on how open source software is the most economical way to make the key transition to the cloud.
Hellekson helps to demystify some of the terminology that is used when vendors describe cloud offerings.
Gluster is a company that Red Hat purchased and will help users take the raw provisioning that Amazon may provide and merge that with unstructured data.
Red Hat is a big proponent of Open Stack - it is a cloud computing project that is endorsed by over one hundred companies. This is a combination of technology that originated at NASA using Rackspace's file organization structure.