Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Datapalooza, the Data Navigator, and more
Tuesday - 4/17/2012, 10:24pm EDT
What is Datapalooza?
Its an event coming up in June where 450 leaders get together go share ways to use new applications to use data from the government and other sources.
Brennan will also talk about the work being done by his agency, which processes 1.5 billion health care claims a year.
He is in charge of responding to federal initiatives of transparency and using data to make decisions.
Brennan was born in Ireland and has experience both at the Brookings Institute and the Congressional Budget Office.
He worked with Todd Park to make data more available to commercial organizations. The goal is to enable ways to reduce costs of providing medical care.
The "Data Navigator" at CMS is a great example of Brennan's work. It takes data that was on disparate parts of the CMS website and brings it together in one easy dashboard.
Brennan will be speaking at the HiMSS local chapter on Thursday, April 19, 2011. For more information, you can go to http://www.himss-nca.org/.