Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Health care IT
Tuesday - 3/20/2012, 11:12pm EDT
She will share her insights on topics from wireless to data security to healthcare reform.
Every single federal IT professional has an interest in what will happen in the current health care debate.
For many, the debate will shape their day to day activities at CMS, the VA, or a federal hospital. For most, they will depend on healthcare for the rest of their lives.
If a policy initiative that is related to technology can reduce cost, why not.
McDermott has a terrific background to examine federal IT care initiatives.
She worked at the Corporate Board as a consultant; was in charge of healthcare at a federal agency (Federal Communications Commission); as well has having earned a Master's degree in Public Health from Yale.
She can cover all three bases: commercial, federal, and academic.