Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Moving to the cloud
Tuesday - 1/17/2012, 10:21pm EST
Five years ago, the chief cloud technologist job title didn't exist - neither did cloud services architect, cloud migration specialist, and cloud security specialist.
On today's show, Blankenhorn expands on what is needed for a federal agency to make the transition to a cloud environment.
DLT Solutions has been in business for over twenty years - they are the largest reseller of Oracle and Red Hat to the federal government.
Because of the wide variety of products and services that DLT Solutions provides, they are placed in a situation of analyzing requirements and making recommendations as to what is the appropriate technology to move to the cloud.
Blankenhorn and Gilroy discuss everything from big data to "desktop as a service," FED RAMP, as well as the recent initiative from Steve VanRoekel.
VanRoekel wants agencies to make a transition to a shared services approach in 2012.
In fact, they will need to show a transition from at least two IT services to a shared approach.