Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Sharing medical information safely and securely
Tuesday - 11/29/2011, 10:56pm EST
Shaliesh Patel's company, CNSI, has a track record of helping federal agencies collect medical information to save money and improve service to citizens.
The last few years has seen an increase in a federal mandated goal of improving healthcare information, including increased transparency.
The difficult aspect of this endeavor is providing transparency in this particular environment with respecting limitations of privacy and security.
CNSI has managed to work with several Medicaid agencies on extending and deploying the Department of Veterans Affairs' "Blue Button" initiative.
On today's show, Patel will describe how his company worked with these agencies to produce an online personal health portal.
Finally, Medicaid recipients users had the ability to share medical information with providers in a safe and secure manner.