Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Sharing medical information safely and securely
Tuesday - 11/29/2011, 10:56pm EST
Shaliesh Patel's company, CNSI, has a track record of helping federal agencies collect medical information to save money and improve service to citizens.
The last few years has seen an increase in a federal mandated goal of improving healthcare information, including increased transparency.
The difficult aspect of this endeavor is providing transparency in this particular environment with respecting limitations of privacy and security.
CNSI has managed to work with several Medicaid agencies on extending and deploying the Department of Veterans Affairs' "Blue Button" initiative.
On today's show, Patel will describe how his company worked with these agencies to produce an online personal health portal.
Finally, Medicaid recipients users had the ability to share medical information with providers in a safe and secure manner.