Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Managing mobile technology at your agency
Tuesday - 9/27/2011, 9:20pm EDT
Whether you like it or not, federal employees are waltzing into the office with everything from a Blackberry to a smart phone to an iPad. From the perspective of someone in the trenches- how do you manage this madness?
When it comes to managing desktops one only has to worry about, essentially, a Microsoft Windows environment.
However, in the mobile world, you have to manage operating systems as diverse as Android, Symbian, Blackberry, iOS, perhaps even Windows.
It is difficult to understand the nuances of all the patches of the varying operating systems without even beginning to grasp the new models that seem to come out weekly.
Maas360 works with commercial and federal organizations to help manage this increasingly heterogeneous environment.
They supply a easy-to-install cloud solution - some may call it a managed solution.
It will automatically detect devices.
On today's show, host John Gilroy will interview Jeff Ward, vice president of federal sales at MaaS360, and Josh Lambert MaaS360's iOS Production Manger.
Ward is a veteran to the federal IT community and understands compliance and security regulations.
Lambert has technical expertise in the area of mobile operating systems.