Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Achieving network security when moving to the cloud
Tuesday - 8/2/2011, 8:17pm EDT
The federal IT community is being asked to consider going to the cloud with every project.
One cannot reasonably consider moving to the cloud without an increased awareness of security.
Today, everyone in the federal security community is familiar with deteriorating AntiVirus detection rates as well as shorteners like "BitLy", making it difficult to know what site you are really going to.
The challenge is to provide appropriate security for your agency without an unreasonable level of effort.
This is where the debate begins.
If you want a secure transition to the cloud, what will provide the most "bang for the buck"?
Will whitelisting fill the bill? What about the classic debate of network vs. endpoint security.
On today's show, Edgerton takes a frank look at many aspects of security and gives you some reasonable solutions.
During the interview, he elucidates upon a couple of solutions that his company has used to help federal agencies negotiate this difficult transition.
One product is called EdgeGuard and another is called AppGuard.
Edgerton will give us an overview of the strengths and weaknesses of whitelisting, using concepts like User-Space and System-Space to achieve everyone's goal - achieving network security without breaking the bank!