Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Records sharing between DOD and the VA
Tuesday - 5/3/2011, 7:22pm EDT
Debbie Filippi works at the Interagency Program Office (IPO) and sits at the apex of both systems coming together.
On today's show, Filippi gives us a quick overview of VistA and AHLTA and she talks about the pilot programs her agency has put together to test the interoperability.
The idea is to have a secure record for an individual that can be accessed in a variety of locations. The approach IPO uses involves rolling out pilots in geographic areas with lots of veterans. At each module, they can take lessons learned to the next geographic pilot. By 2012 the system will be complete.