Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Tips for reducing improper payments
Tuesday - 2/15/2011, 12:20pm EST
Pegasystems (Pega) has been in business since 1983 helping a wide range of organizations with improving work flow to reduce improper payments.
Dave Dantus and Russell Keziere explain the success their company has had with large organizations like BlueCross/BlueShield to implement business process management to eliminate mistakes. Pegasystems has also worked with the Defense Department, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
With regulations constantly changing, Pega has instituted a flexible method of software development. It focuses on eligibility requirements, constituent enrollment, and benefit determination management.
If you are looking at ways to improve the way you handle claims, listen to the interview with Dantus and Keziere.