Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Insights on the federal acquisition process
Tuesday - 3/29/2011, 12:46pm EDT
Dave Patterson is the executive director of the National Defense Business Institute at the University of Tennessee, College of Business Administration. In his role, he helps students understand the appropriate method for implementing IT acquisition.
Patterson has decades of experience in the world of federal acquisition. He was principal deputy for the Undersecretary of Defense when it was running a $515 billion budget.
In the interview, Patterson differentiates between several organizations that assist in the acquisition process. He reviews the Defense Acquisition Performance Assessment Project and many others.