Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
How to modernize IT systems
Tuesday - 3/22/2011, 1:31pm EDT
The study was commissioned by Unisys and executed by Meritalk. It consisted of questions posed to 166 federal IT leaders from MeriTalk.
47 percent of respondents work on older technologies that need to be modernized but, overall, only one in three thinks that application modernization is a priority in their agency.
Unisys has come up with a solution. It's called AMPS (Application Modernization Platform as a Service). Rather than taking years to complete, this new offering allows you to give an assessment of your current systems and incrementally upgrade service.
During this interview, Peter Gallagher, partner in the Civilian Federal Systems group for Unisys, explains how AMPS can assist in an incremental upgrade of applications - no matter the platform.