Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
How to modernize IT systems
Tuesday - 3/22/2011, 1:31pm EDT
The study was commissioned by Unisys and executed by Meritalk. It consisted of questions posed to 166 federal IT leaders from MeriTalk.
47 percent of respondents work on older technologies that need to be modernized but, overall, only one in three thinks that application modernization is a priority in their agency.
Unisys has come up with a solution. It's called AMPS (Application Modernization Platform as a Service). Rather than taking years to complete, this new offering allows you to give an assessment of your current systems and incrementally upgrade service.
During this interview, Peter Gallagher, partner in the Civilian Federal Systems group for Unisys, explains how AMPS can assist in an incremental upgrade of applications - no matter the platform.