Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
How to modernize IT systems
Tuesday - 3/22/2011, 1:31pm EDT
The study was commissioned by Unisys and executed by Meritalk. It consisted of questions posed to 166 federal IT leaders from MeriTalk.
47 percent of respondents work on older technologies that need to be modernized but, overall, only one in three thinks that application modernization is a priority in their agency.
Unisys has come up with a solution. It's called AMPS (Application Modernization Platform as a Service). Rather than taking years to complete, this new offering allows you to give an assessment of your current systems and incrementally upgrade service.
During this interview, Peter Gallagher, partner in the Civilian Federal Systems group for Unisys, explains how AMPS can assist in an incremental upgrade of applications - no matter the platform.