Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
How to modernize IT systems
Tuesday - 3/22/2011, 1:31pm EDT
The study was commissioned by Unisys and executed by Meritalk. It consisted of questions posed to 166 federal IT leaders from MeriTalk.
47 percent of respondents work on older technologies that need to be modernized but, overall, only one in three thinks that application modernization is a priority in their agency.
Unisys has come up with a solution. It's called AMPS (Application Modernization Platform as a Service). Rather than taking years to complete, this new offering allows you to give an assessment of your current systems and incrementally upgrade service.
During this interview, Peter Gallagher, partner in the Civilian Federal Systems group for Unisys, explains how AMPS can assist in an incremental upgrade of applications - no matter the platform.