Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Behind the USDA cloud
Tuesday - 1/25/2011, 5:08pm EST
When the Department of Labor was looking for an organization to host GovBenefits.gov, it looked at several commercial vendors and decided instead to use the USDA.
Jim Stevens, USDA Acting Deputy Chief Information Officer for Business, Finance, & Security, joins the show to discuss how the decision was made.
Plus, how can your agency compare security for cloud options? What are the limitations of commercial vendors? Will the standard security package from a standard vendor comply with FISMA requirements? What about service level agreements? Should you look at another agency hosting a web site for you?
Host John Gilroy caught Stevens when he was in town for a USDA meeting. Listen as he explains the process and the logic behind his organization being able to compete in the commercial marketplace.