Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Behind the USDA cloud
Tuesday - 1/25/2011, 5:08pm EST
When the Department of Labor was looking for an organization to host GovBenefits.gov, it looked at several commercial vendors and decided instead to use the USDA.
Jim Stevens, USDA Acting Deputy Chief Information Officer for Business, Finance, & Security, joins the show to discuss how the decision was made.
Plus, how can your agency compare security for cloud options? What are the limitations of commercial vendors? Will the standard security package from a standard vendor comply with FISMA requirements? What about service level agreements? Should you look at another agency hosting a web site for you?
Host John Gilroy caught Stevens when he was in town for a USDA meeting. Listen as he explains the process and the logic behind his organization being able to compete in the commercial marketplace.