Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Virtualization: compare and contrast
Monday - 11/8/2010, 3:10pm EST
November 9, 2010 -- A recent Forester Research survey shows 50 percent of IT professionals plan on implementing or expanding virtualization.
Leading reasons are server consolidation, quickly provisioning new applications, and using virtualization for backups.
This is a major concern for federal as well as commercial technology leaders.
Who has a better virtualization platform: VMware or Microsoft? Where does Citrix fit in this debate? What about security?
Joe Brown is the president of Accelera Solutions, which provides support for all the leading virtualization platforms.
He joins host John Gilroy with an overview of virtualization as a concept as well as highlighting strengths of differing systems.
If you have questions on live migration, fault tolerance, or other concerns, be sure to listen to the show.