Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
The complicated world of credentialing
Monday - 10/4/2010, 4:19pm EDT
The concept of PIV and PIV-I is a topic that is confusing to just about everybody involved in the world of credentialing.
Patrick Hearn gives a good explanation of many of the issues that feds may face when complying with the new directions that credentialing is headed.
The concept of an identification system goes beyond just a card and a reader. What about the systems that can make identification interoperable with other agencies?
Smart cards are here to stay. All federal IT program managers should listen to Patrick's interview in order get a better understanding of some of the challenges and some of the solutions for this complex topic.