Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
The complicated world of credentialing
Monday - 10/4/2010, 4:19pm EDT
The concept of PIV and PIV-I is a topic that is confusing to just about everybody involved in the world of credentialing.
Patrick Hearn gives a good explanation of many of the issues that feds may face when complying with the new directions that credentialing is headed.
The concept of an identification system goes beyond just a card and a reader. What about the systems that can make identification interoperable with other agencies?
Smart cards are here to stay. All federal IT program managers should listen to Patrick's interview in order get a better understanding of some of the challenges and some of the solutions for this complex topic.