Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
The complicated world of credentialing
Monday - 10/4/2010, 4:19pm EDT
The concept of PIV and PIV-I is a topic that is confusing to just about everybody involved in the world of credentialing.
Patrick Hearn gives a good explanation of many of the issues that feds may face when complying with the new directions that credentialing is headed.
The concept of an identification system goes beyond just a card and a reader. What about the systems that can make identification interoperable with other agencies?
Smart cards are here to stay. All federal IT program managers should listen to Patrick's interview in order get a better understanding of some of the challenges and some of the solutions for this complex topic.