Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Virtualization: compare and contrast
Monday - 9/27/2010, 1:29pm EDT
Leading reasons are server consolidation, quickly provisioning new applications, and using virtualization for backups.
This is a major concern for federal as well as commercial technology leaders.
Who has a better virtualization platform: VMware or Microsoft? Where does Citrix fit in this debate? What about security?
Joe Brown is the president of Accelera Solutions, which provides support for all the leading virtualization platforms.
He joins host John Gilroy with an overview of virtualization as a concept as well as highlighting strengths of differing systems.
If you have questions on live migration, fault tolerance, or other concerns, be sure to listen to the show.