Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Red Hat with Paul Smith
Tuesday - 9/14/2010, 1:26pm EDT
Red Hat has grown 600% in the past six years! The interview with Paul Smith will highlight some of Red Hat's success with federal IT initiatives.
Open source software has made great inroads in the federal space - why? Speed? Security? Cost? Certification? What about Red Hat in the mobile environment? Paul Smith will discuss how Red Hat works with federal goals like the Open Gov Directive.
Paul will differentiate between Linux and JBOSS, discuss success with DreamWorks, and the federal IT folks who had to see the success. If you are confused about open source solutions in your agency, listen to this interview.