Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Challenges in IT 2010: Beyond the cloud
Monday - 8/30/2010, 2:00pm EDT
This program originally aired on July 20, 2010
Dave Wennergern is in the unenviable position of being a civilian in a key technology leadership position at the Department of Defense.
On top of that, he is charged with implementing changes in traditional ways of sophisticated information technology initiatives.
Some would call that a challenge, most of us would quickly identify that as a "hot seat."
Anyone trying to overcome the status quo has a hard path; it can't be any harder when your stakeholders are generals and admirals!
Listen to what Dave has to say about federal IT mandates like cloud computing, collaboration, and security.
Dave is an award winning analyst with a solid background in finance. As a result, he can focus on return on investment with clarity and knowledge.