Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
How to leverage your data center with virtualization
Tuesday - 8/3/2010, 10:37am EDT
We all know that virtualization reduces capital costs, allows for a scalable environment, reduces your energy footprint, and speeds up setting up testing sites.
How does your agency compare with others when it comes to leveraging your data center with virtualization? How do you compare with people at the same level in other agencies?
CDW-G conducts an annual survey of government IT professionals to learn trends. One striking fact is that, although 77 percent use some form of virtualization, 81 percent of those say they are not using it to its fullest extent.
Is there a lag between commercial use of virtualization and federal usage?
You can visit the CDW-G website to read the results or listen to Andy Lausch to hear about trends and the future of virtualization.