Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
How to leverage your data center with virtualization
Tuesday - 8/3/2010, 10:37am EDT
We all know that virtualization reduces capital costs, allows for a scalable environment, reduces your energy footprint, and speeds up setting up testing sites.
How does your agency compare with others when it comes to leveraging your data center with virtualization? How do you compare with people at the same level in other agencies?
CDW-G conducts an annual survey of government IT professionals to learn trends. One striking fact is that, although 77 percent use some form of virtualization, 81 percent of those say they are not using it to its fullest extent.
Is there a lag between commercial use of virtualization and federal usage?
You can visit the CDW-G website to read the results or listen to Andy Lausch to hear about trends and the future of virtualization.