Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
How to leverage your data center with virtualization
Tuesday - 8/3/2010, 10:37am EDT
We all know that virtualization reduces capital costs, allows for a scalable environment, reduces your energy footprint, and speeds up setting up testing sites.
How does your agency compare with others when it comes to leveraging your data center with virtualization? How do you compare with people at the same level in other agencies?
CDW-G conducts an annual survey of government IT professionals to learn trends. One striking fact is that, although 77 percent use some form of virtualization, 81 percent of those say they are not using it to its fullest extent.
Is there a lag between commercial use of virtualization and federal usage?
You can visit the CDW-G website to read the results or listen to Andy Lausch to hear about trends and the future of virtualization.