4:31 pm, May 23, 2013
Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Use collaboration to modernize your agency
Tuesday - 8/17/2010, 11:15am EDT
One classic example of social networking is Wikipedia -- if you look up Jimmy Wales on Wikipedia you will discover that he is the founder.
In 2009 Jimmy wrote an article called Create a tech-friendly U.S. Government.
Listen to his ideas on how to use collaboration to achieve the goals of your agency.
His ideas include the concept of "ruthlessly modernizing technology."
He is a proponent of single sign on, Open ID Technology, and a single governmentwide Wiki.
We haven't seen a federal government wiki (WikiFedia?), but the concept of shared knowledge has been implemented at the FBI by Intelipedia and by the State Department via its Diplopedia.
Jimmy will share with John his ideas on collaboration, The Sunlight Foundation, and some provocative comments on the Obama administration.