Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Use collaboration to modernize your agency
Tuesday - 8/17/2010, 11:15am EDT
One classic example of social networking is Wikipedia -- if you look up Jimmy Wales on Wikipedia you will discover that he is the founder.
In 2009 Jimmy wrote an article called Create a tech-friendly U.S. Government.
Listen to his ideas on how to use collaboration to achieve the goals of your agency.
His ideas include the concept of "ruthlessly modernizing technology."
He is a proponent of single sign on, Open ID Technology, and a single governmentwide Wiki.
We haven't seen a federal government wiki (WikiFedia?), but the concept of shared knowledge has been implemented at the FBI by Intelipedia and by the State Department via its Diplopedia.
Jimmy will share with John his ideas on collaboration, The Sunlight Foundation, and some provocative comments on the Obama administration.