Federal Chief Information Officer Steven VanRoekel joined Federal News Radio for a free online chat to discuss the White House's priorities to improve federal technology. VanRoekel answered participants' questions on a host of issues including knowledge sharing, working with the private sector, cloud computing and more. Read an archived version of the chat.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Ask the CIO
Online Chat: Charlie Armstrong, CIO, CBP
Tuesday - 12/18/2012, 1:36pm EST
Some of the topics discussed included:
- CBP's data consolidation initiative into the One-DHS concept;
- the agency's use of mobile devices and apps to meet CBP's mission more efficiently;
- updates on the multi-billion dollar Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) program to modernize import and export processing systems;
- how CBP is planning for a reduced IT budget (the agency receives more IT funding than any other DHS component)
- how CBP is addressing cybersecurity challenges.
View an archived version of the chat below.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller moderated the discussion. Check out his recent interview with Armstrong.
Having trouble viewing this live chat? Click here to enable a pop-up window of the chat box.