Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Ask the CIO
Warren keeps RAT Board running behind the scenes
Thursday - 8/5/2010, 11:00am EDT
As the CIO of the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, Warren must ensure that the site meets all of its customers' needs.
Warren, who is on detail to the board from the Interior Department, says there are several changes coming to Recovery.gov over the next year, but the popular and much-analyzed site isn't his only priority.
The board continually is trying to improve data quality to show where Recovery Act funding is going. Warren also wants to add the ability of citizens or project managers to upload photos showing before and after pictures of the project that is being done with Recovery Act funding. He also wants to offer a blog tool to promote interactive discussions and give states the ability to download specific data elements to post on their Web sites.
Warren says another priority is to see how the board can further use cloud computing. Recovery.gov was the first governmentwide site to live only on the cloud.
He says several agencies have asked him about the decision and its challenges of moving to the cloud.