3:40 pm, May 24, 2013
Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Adcock changing the business model at the Army's IT Agency
Thursday - 6/17/2010, 11:00am EDT
Adcock, who worked at DIA before coming to his new role in March 2010, is overseeing a technology services organization for all the military services in the Pentagon and the National Capitol Region.
And among the first things he wants to do is reshape how the organization meets its mission. That means he is developing a new strategic plan and modernizing its systems to eliminate overlapping IT services.
The end goal is a new business model that is focused on services and not functionally aligned.
Adcock also is planning several large and small acquisitions for new customer relationship management tools and data center services.