Steve Grewal, the Education Department's chief information security officer, joined Federal News Radio on March 6, 2014, for an online chat.
Grewal answered questions about his agency's new security operations center (SOC), the cyber workforce, and challenges with security at the agency. View an archived version of the chat.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ask the CIO
Adcock changing the business model at the Army's IT Agency
Thursday - 6/17/2010, 11:00am EDT
Adcock, who worked at DIA before coming to his new role in March 2010, is overseeing a technology services organization for all the military services in the Pentagon and the National Capitol Region.
And among the first things he wants to do is reshape how the organization meets its mission. That means he is developing a new strategic plan and modernizing its systems to eliminate overlapping IT services.
The end goal is a new business model that is focused on services and not functionally aligned.
Adcock also is planning several large and small acquisitions for new customer relationship management tools and data center services.