Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Ask the CIO
GSA's DelNegro using business skills to make technology better
Thursday - 7/22/2010, 11:00am EDT
She developed one of the first client-server applications for the customer service and marketing department. Soon she moved over to the chief information officers office in the former Federal Supply Schedule.
Now as the CIO of the General Services Administration's Federal Acquisition Service, DelNegro is using all of her skills to find success.
She has been CIO for just over a year and is using her knowledge of the vendor community to improve how FAS delivers services, such as improving the GSA Advantage portal and the e-offers and e-mods systems.
DelNegro says that moving GSA Advantage to a new platform will help it use Web 2.0 technologies more easily.
She also is focused on making sure GSA's big contracts--Alliant and Networx to name two--have the technology in front and behind them to work as efficiently and effectively as possible.