Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Harris changing the IT tone at Dept. of Education
Monday - 4/12/2010, 4:20pm EDT
Harris says the goal is to improve how technology can solve the agency's mission challenges and make the application of technology more efficient.
But over time, Harris hopes to focus less on the day-to-day operations and more on strategy.
He already is leading Education's assessment initiative, which he says is a little unusual. "I think it's based on my experience at the department and not because of my role."
One area where Harris will always have a significant hand in is cybersecurity. He says Education plans on hiring as many as seven new employees to focus on cybersecurity, and hire a contractor to assess the current status of the agency's systems.