Steve Grewal, the Education Department's chief information security officer, joined Federal News Radio on March 6, 2014, for an online chat.
Grewal answered questions about his agency's new security operations center (SOC), the cyber workforce, and challenges with security at the agency. View an archived version of the chat.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ask the CIO
CIO Survey Task Force
But one thing remained the same, the commitment to cybersecurity.
TechAmerica, formerly the Information Technology Association of American and AeA, and Grant Thornton interviewed 53 CIOs in the executive, legislative and judicial branches of government for this year's survey.
Respondents say after cybersecurity, better managing their IT infrastructure is a top concern.
Paul Wohlleben is the chairman of the CIO Survey Task Force and a partner with Grant Thornton. He says one reason may be the focus the Office of Management and Budget placed on the IT infrastructure Line of Business initiative.
You can read more about the survey here.