Steve Grewal, the Education Department's chief information security officer, joined Federal News Radio on March 6, 2014, for an online chat.
Grewal answered questions about his agency's new security operations center (SOC), the cyber workforce, and challenges with security at the agency. View an archived version of the chat.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ask the CIO
Department of the Interior
Tuesday - 7/1/2008, 2:01pm EDT
Health care has been Ed Meagher's passion for many years. The out-going Interior Department deputy chief information officer has spent most of his career involved in applying technology to improve health care. Now after more than 24 years in government, Meagher is moving to the private sector to affect government in a different way.
Meagher says the federal government needs to make a few key decisions about electronic health records that will launch an evolution in healthcare.
Health care is just one area that the federal government needs to change its ways. Meagher says agencies need to change how they run their network infrastructures, improve cybersecurity and have better communication with senior leaders about why security and technology matters to them.