Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Department of the Interior
Tuesday - 7/1/2008, 2:01pm EDT
Health care has been Ed Meagher's passion for many years. The out-going Interior Department deputy chief information officer has spent most of his career involved in applying technology to improve health care. Now after more than 24 years in government, Meagher is moving to the private sector to affect government in a different way.
Meagher says the federal government needs to make a few key decisions about electronic health records that will launch an evolution in healthcare.
Health care is just one area that the federal government needs to change its ways. Meagher says agencies need to change how they run their network infrastructures, improve cybersecurity and have better communication with senior leaders about why security and technology matters to them.