Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Q & A with Dan Chenok
Tuesday - 10/9/2012, 10:45pm EDT
Chenok has extensive federal and commercial experience that gives him an unusual ability take a look at problems from a perspective that cuts across agencies and what is commonly called "silos." For example, one large federal initiative is to collaborate within and among agencies.
The Center for the Business of Government did a survey across agencies to see what the main obstacles are. Dan talks about this survey and its eight recommendations for collaboration in the federal environment.
Sometimes, the challenges of looking at controls for compliance with FedRAMP may put an IT administrator in such a focused state that they may overlook what other agencies have done to accommodate a certification and accreditation issue. Chenok discusses how increased communication can reduce duplicate effort across federal agencies.