Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Q & A with Aneesh Chopra
Tuesday - 4/24/2012, 11:28pm EDT
The interview will focus on three aspects of Chopra's career: initiatives he endorsed while he was the White House CIO, his interest in healthcare IT, and the large issues for federal IT professionals today.
During his tenure at the Executive Office of the President, Chopra is proud of his work with the National Wireless Initiative.
From his perspective, he views this project as a win/win. He explains how this auction will pay off national debt as well as expand the public safety broadband network.
If you are seeking success stories on implementing federal IT initiatives, you may want to read a collection of twenty case studies, Chopra released the final week he was a federal employee.
The focus here is on adapting newer technology to reach objectives while working within budget constraints.
One interesting aspect of the interview is Chopra's explanation of the Green Button. This is a free tool that allows citizens to gain a better understanding of energy consumption in their homes.