Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Mobile device managment
Tuesday - 9/11/2012, 11:27pm EDT
Today's interview is with the vice president of Strategy for MobileIron, Ojas Rege. MobileIron is one of the leaders in the area of controlling a wide range of mobile devices.
One interesting aspect of MobileIron is its remote wipe capability. Most listeners are familiar with technology that can erase a device, what is unique is that MobileIron can selectively delete files. So, your photos from your child's last birthday party won't get wiped, just the sensitive information that your agency wants protected.
The mobile world is confusing indeed. This past quarter, Apple sold more than Microsoft! September will see a new iPhone. How can federal IT managers cope with all the new devices? Listen to the interview with Ojas Rege and get a new perspective.