Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Red Hat gets common criteria approval
Wednesday - 5/16/2012, 12:19am EDT
Hellekson is the chief technology strategist who helps to promote open source through an organization called the Open Source for America. This is a website that provides case studies on how open source software is the most economical way to make the key transition to the cloud.
Hellekson helps to demystify some of the terminology that is used when vendors describe cloud offerings.
Gluster is a company that Red Hat purchased and will help users take the raw provisioning that Amazon may provide and merge that with unstructured data.
Red Hat is a big proponent of Open Stack - it is a cloud computing project that is endorsed by over one hundred companies. This is a combination of technology that originated at NASA using Rackspace's file organization structure.