Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Datapalooza, the Data Navigator, and more
Tuesday - 4/17/2012, 10:24pm EDT
What is Datapalooza?
Its an event coming up in June where 450 leaders get together go share ways to use new applications to use data from the government and other sources.
Brennan will also talk about the work being done by his agency, which processes 1.5 billion health care claims a year.
He is in charge of responding to federal initiatives of transparency and using data to make decisions.
Brennan was born in Ireland and has experience both at the Brookings Institute and the Congressional Budget Office.
He worked with Todd Park to make data more available to commercial organizations. The goal is to enable ways to reduce costs of providing medical care.
The "Data Navigator" at CMS is a great example of Brennan's work. It takes data that was on disparate parts of the CMS website and brings it together in one easy dashboard.
Brennan will be speaking at the HiMSS local chapter on Thursday, April 19, 2011. For more information, you can go to http://www.himss-nca.org/.