Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Building a successful IT business
Tuesday - 10/29/2013, 7:13pm EDT
One of the best untold stories out of wreckage that Katrina inflicted upon New Orleans is the success of a company called CompuCure.
In the aftermath of the hurricane, most information technology companies were packing their bags and heading out of town.
CompuCure decided to stay and take advantage of the opportunity.
Verigan's house was flooded, so he took up residence in a FEMA trailer and grew the business.
After some initial success with commercial organizations, the Department of Agriculture asked CompuCure to help with a data transfer project.
Listen to the interview to see how Verigan assembled his team, grabbed a SAN, and accomplished the job early and under budget.