Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Virtualization and healthcare IT
Tuesday - 2/12/2013, 10:18pm EST
One long term plan to reduce this cost is to implement an aggressive virtualization policy to reduce the number from 80 to 8.
This will take place over the next ten years and Companion Data Services (CDS) has been selected to be a main component in this cost reduction.
This week on "Federal Tech Talk", the president of CDS, Lola Jordan and her chief technical officer Fred Rowell, join host John Gilroy to talk about the strategy and the correct methodology to accomplish this gargantuan task.
CDS is moderating a discussion on February 21, 2013 at the local HiMSS-NCA chapter. They will bring in four enterprise architects who will discuss their experience in making a transition to the cloud.
During the interview the two CDS experts talk about pulling the plug on main frame systems, establishing a time frame, and testing software for compatibility in applications.
If you are charged with making a minor transition, you can learn best practices from an organization like CDS who handles 800,000 CMS health claims a year.