Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Mobile Strategy - Homeland Security Department
Wednesday - 12/5/2012, 11:25am EST
Department of Homeland Security
Does your department or agency have a mobile strategy or policy?
The department has issued policies and guidance on mobile computing and is currently developing a strategy for mobile devices in concert with the federal mobility initiatives and the DHS Next Generation network strategy. DHS is working to integrate security and privacy requirements into the design and implementation of new technologies to support the Digital Government Strategy while partnering with other federal government entities to develop mobile and wireless security reference architectures in 2013.
DHS is working on BYOD options and opportunities; however, many issues must be addressed including how to manage mobile devices and how to implement identity and access controls. DHS is preparing a pilot program for a new virtual desktop and mobility solution for the enterprise that would address these issues. For example, the "Workplace as a Service" initiative would include virtualization, mobile device management and authentication technologies to enable a secure mobile workforce.
View more mobile strategies from the following agencies: