Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Managing mobile devices from a government perspective
Tuesday - 9/4/2012, 8:53pm EDT
What they don't know is how to manage mobile devices for federal employees.
This week we will take a look at managing mobile devices from a federal perspective and then next week, from a commercial perspective.
Horace Blackman is the CIO and Director of IT Support Services at the Veterans Affairs (VA) Department Central Office.
The VA has an installed base of over 19,000 mobile devices and Blackman is focused on managing them properly, looking at new devices, and trying to establish best practices in order to scale.
After all, there are 400,000+ employees at the VA!
From Blackman's viewpoint, he is glad the GSA has a pre-competed contract in the GSA's Federal Telecommunications Service (FTS) program.
That gives him assurance that the contract was competed and he can focus on creating systems that serve the wide ranging Veterans Administration.