Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Will Interior's new mobile portal pave the way for other agencies?
Friday - 2/3/2012, 6:28pm EST
Interior launched the portal, which is part of the department's efforts to build a more mobile workforce. It allows employees to access the network from an array of devices — from laptops and tablets and smartphones.
Mark Forman, the first E-gov administrator at the Office of Management and Budget and the co-founder of Government Transaction Services, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what Interior's new policy could mean for other agencies.
Forman discussed whether Interior's new portal is the way forward for other agencies as well as the challenges in securing this type of platform.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.