Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Bring Your Own Device coming to agencies
Tuesday - 11/8/2011, 5:57pm EST
Tim Hoechst, chief technology officer at Agilex, discusses the shifting landscape at your agency, and how a non-tech person can benefit.
Hoechst told In Depth with Francis Rose that agencies have experimented with some device models. The first step is to incorporate a homogeneous model before "opening the floodgates" to different kinds of devices.
"Right now it's about planning for the couple of big standards that are merging, rather than picking a particular device," he said.