Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Managing your agency's mobile devices
Tuesday - 8/6/2013, 9:30pm EDT
56 percent say they have been using tablets at the workplace for a year.
This fact is reflected in the federal workplace as well.
The challenge for federal IT managers is how to manage those mobile devices.
Today's interview is with Kim Hancher, the CIO at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
She is well known for deploying the first Mobile Device Management (MDM) system in the federal government.
She shares with listeners her challenges in setting policy, selecting devices, and monitoring compliance.
Configuration of the MDM tool is a complex topic that Hancher describes in detail.
You may work for an agency that has multiple locations or more sensitive information than another.
Many agencies have existing Blackberry servers and Hancher gives tips in how to incorporate managing devices in the cloud and on premises.