Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Online Chat: Charlie Armstrong, CIO, CBP
Tuesday - 12/18/2012, 1:36pm EST
Some of the topics discussed included:
- CBP's data consolidation initiative into the One-DHS concept;
- the agency's use of mobile devices and apps to meet CBP's mission more efficiently;
- updates on the multi-billion dollar Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) program to modernize import and export processing systems;
- how CBP is planning for a reduced IT budget (the agency receives more IT funding than any other DHS component)
- how CBP is addressing cybersecurity challenges.
View an archived version of the chat below.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller moderated the discussion. Check out his recent interview with Armstrong.
Having trouble viewing this live chat? Click here to enable a pop-up window of the chat box.