Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Q & A with Aneesh Chopra
Tuesday - 4/24/2012, 11:28pm EDT
The interview will focus on three aspects of Chopra's career: initiatives he endorsed while he was the White House CIO, his interest in healthcare IT, and the large issues for federal IT professionals today.
During his tenure at the Executive Office of the President, Chopra is proud of his work with the National Wireless Initiative.
From his perspective, he views this project as a win/win. He explains how this auction will pay off national debt as well as expand the public safety broadband network.
If you are seeking success stories on implementing federal IT initiatives, you may want to read a collection of twenty case studies, Chopra released the final week he was a federal employee.
The focus here is on adapting newer technology to reach objectives while working within budget constraints.
One interesting aspect of the interview is Chopra's explanation of the Green Button. This is a free tool that allows citizens to gain a better understanding of energy consumption in their homes.