Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Datapalooza, the Data Navigator, and more
Tuesday - 4/17/2012, 10:24pm EDT
What is Datapalooza?
Its an event coming up in June where 450 leaders get together go share ways to use new applications to use data from the government and other sources.
Brennan will also talk about the work being done by his agency, which processes 1.5 billion health care claims a year.
He is in charge of responding to federal initiatives of transparency and using data to make decisions.
Brennan was born in Ireland and has experience both at the Brookings Institute and the Congressional Budget Office.
He worked with Todd Park to make data more available to commercial organizations. The goal is to enable ways to reduce costs of providing medical care.
The "Data Navigator" at CMS is a great example of Brennan's work. It takes data that was on disparate parts of the CMS website and brings it together in one easy dashboard.
Brennan will be speaking at the HiMSS local chapter on Thursday, April 19, 2011. For more information, you can go to http://www.himss-nca.org/.