Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Meeting your cloud computing needs
Tuesday - 4/3/2012, 10:28pm EDT
Latisys provides hosted services and cloud capability for federal and commercial organizations.
Stevenson doesn't view a data center as a stack of hardware with limited access. He views his job as providing a system that is flexible enough to match the changing needs of customers. This means being able to provide disaster recovery capability in over six locations spread across the United States to complying with federal cloud regulations.
It may surprise listeners that Latisys must pass compliance regulations from an organization for professional CPA's.
If you think about it, it only makes sense.
If a bank or a law firm wants to store financial information at a data center, then it must have assurances that sensitive information will not be compromised. These standards are called SAS 70, SSAE 16, SOC2, and SOC3 auditing standards for data centers.
Of course federal cloud users know of FedRAMP regulations, but its reassuring to know that civilian agencies can use cloud services that are approved by federal and commercial compliance organizations.