Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Q&A with Vivek Kundra
Tuesday - 3/27/2012, 9:50pm EDT
Kundra certainly did shake things up in the federal government when he was named the first federal CIO in March of 2009.
On today's show, he will talk about his major accomplishments - primarily the Federal IT Dashboard, data.gov, TechStat, apps.gov, and his 25 point implementation plan.
Most civilian federal IT professionals have been impacted by the leadership that Kundra provided in a transition to the cloud.
Kundra left the federal government in August of 2011 to reflect upon the direction of his career. After a short stint as a scholarship recipient at Harvard, Kundra accepted a position at Salesforce as the executive vice president of emerging markets.
You will hear why he made the move to Salesforce and will gain a better understanding of Kundra's major initiatives and how he views success.