Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Information Technology News
Health care IT
Tuesday - 3/20/2012, 11:12pm EDT
She will share her insights on topics from wireless to data security to healthcare reform.
Every single federal IT professional has an interest in what will happen in the current health care debate.
For many, the debate will shape their day to day activities at CMS, the VA, or a federal hospital. For most, they will depend on healthcare for the rest of their lives.
If a policy initiative that is related to technology can reduce cost, why not.
McDermott has a terrific background to examine federal IT care initiatives.
She worked at the Corporate Board as a consultant; was in charge of healthcare at a federal agency (Federal Communications Commission); as well has having earned a Master's degree in Public Health from Yale.
She can cover all three bases: commercial, federal, and academic.